Saturday, April 2, 2011

Product testing

A cool thing for both us at Olive Branch as well as our customers, is that we get to use (hence "test") the products we carry. I am a lover of paint, and I love it that I can run down to the store and mix up a color to put in my house even if it's 10:00 on Saturday night (I know, not everyone's idea of a fun Saturday night). The cool thing for customers is that we have tested Yolo paint extensively. And I love this paint. It goes on smoothly, dries quickly despite the lack of toxic-chemical-drying-agents, looks beautiful, and an especially nice feature is that is cleans easily. I take very good care of my paint brushes, and before Yolo I hated how the chemical-laden paint hardened near the base of the brush before I even finished painting sometimes.

We also had a left-over piece of IceStone, which we installed as a hearth for our wood-burning stove. I can't believe how beautiful it is and it must wear terrifically as a countertop because ours is on the floor and gets ashes and wood and dirt on it and it is still shiny and gorgeous.

Here at the store, we have Marmoleum Click flooring, and even though it's not rated as a commercial floor, it's held up great and is an absolute dream to clean. Dirt truly does not stick to it. We also have a Caroma dual-flush toilet in the store and can attest to it's effectiveness and cleanliness using an amazing .8 or 1.6 gpf of water.

Most exciting, we just were trained and installed American Clay wall surface on one side of our store. The look and feeling is awesome and each addition like this makes the store more of a pleasure to be in. It's so remarkable when I walk into a non-green store, the sharp scent of chemicals is amazing. It feels good here in the store and I am so pleased that we are selling these feel-good products to others!

No comments: