Friday, April 23, 2010

Cost of Water

The cost of water is due some respect.
I have given a few talks on The California/San Diego water system. Where it comes from, where it is stored, how its supplied, what it affects, and the importance of the Delta Smelt, the fish that tell us how healthy are water system is. I have always loved water. To swim, bathe, play in, and pipe to.
I love the rain, waterfalls, and bird baths. I became a Journey Level Plumber in 2000.
I really have 1 sentence I wanted to say in my blog. I'm just using filler info right now and I will write that sentence
in a few.
In 1980 I was really interested in "Disaster Preparedness" I wanted to help people be able to sustain
themselves in the event of a crises or natural disaster. I went to a few shows with the local fire departments that
gave lectures on safety. And I sold goods at those shows like a wrench you would tie to the gas and water shut off valves so it would be right where you needed it. I learned back then that 90% of our water is imported and the piping system that brings it to us passes over "Fault Lines". So if we had a large enough Earth Quake are supply can be cut off.
So we all know the importance of water. But do we really know the price???
Well I don't really want to pay more but I was shocked when I learned how cheap our water is. No wonder it is wasted so
carelessly by some.
1 gallon of San Diego Water costs 1/3rd of a penny. The price increase will bring it to 2/3 rds of a penny.
This life saving, life giving product needs some some respect. What if we were charged what bottled water costs.
$1.20 per gallon??? Do you think water might earn its respect then!

No comments: