Monday, February 15, 2010

No snow here!


Meet Claudia Conners, Gloria Christman, and Joan Warder. These three friends along with other friends walk 3 miles every Friday at the San Diego Bay. I took their photograph near the San Diego Visitor Center off Mission Bay Dr. exit.

Claudia has lived in San Diego for 75 years and when I asked her what is her favorite thing about San Diego she said the weather. It was 9:15 AM at 61 degrees and Claudia was reading the newspaper on the hood of her car while waiting for her friends to arrive. Olive Branch had just made an insulation delivery and I couldn't resist swinging by the bay. I had just heard on KPBS that throughout the nation there were over 4,000 flights cancelled. Hearing that made me just grateful to be a San Diegan.

These native San Diegans were a joy to meet: strong, healthy, beautiful women and when they smiled it made my heart smile. I told them that I hope I am surrounded by friends like them when I am their age. Thank you ladies.

No comments: